DE FINIBUS SEMINARII IURIS ROMANI
GOALS OF THE ROMAN LAW CIRCLE AT THE FACULTY OF LAW AT SOFIA UNIVERSITY „ST. KLIMENT OHRIDSKI"
The primary goal of the Roman Law Circle („The Circle") is to unite people, who have a special interest towards Roman Law during all stages of the latter's development. The activities of the organization include:
- presenting topics, connected to current events, for instance anniversaries of important events, concerning the development of the Roman state or Roman law, as well as the present-day relevance of these events;
- discussing topics, connected to Roman law, which are still relevant nowadays due to the reception of Roman law in the Bulgarian civil law system;
- presenting analyses of the works of famous Roman lawyers, orators and politicians, who were somehow connected to the development of law;
- discussing literature and scientific forums, connected to Roman law;
- presenting newly-published textbooks, monographs and compendiums and discussing films and current cultural events, connected to Roman law.